Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jobs Jobs Jobs

I've been job searching for about a month now and gotten nowhere. So... I think it's time to seriously consider bartending school. I have enough money right now to pay for it, but I fear if I wait too long and never find a job (which seems fairly likely), that I'll run out of it. I'm also thinking I might move back to Tulsa. So far, being in Edmond, I've just been sitting here doing nothing. Most of my fun is had when I travel to Tulsa or Stillwater, and since Sam (boyfriend) is in Tulsa, I'd be generally happier there. Living for free with my Dad is nice (and I certainly love my Dad), but I know what it's like to live on my own and I do enjoy it. Plus, if I become a bartender, I'll hopefully have more than enough money to live fairly comfortably.

I've also looked into becoming an OSSAA umpire (for softball). It's really not very hard at all, but I think it'd be best to wait to do that until I know where I'll be living. I think it would be a fun job, though.

The Navy is still my back-up back-up plan, though...

As far as a permanent career, well, that'll just have to wait a while since I'm not willing to move to Chicago (or NY or LA) quite yet.

No comments: