Monday, August 25, 2008

It's been a great 2 weeks.

Well, it's all over now. China is now officially a sports powerhouse. They lost a gold, however, in the last diving event when an Australian dove perfectly and upset the order. We were able to somewhat make up for our mistakes in the 4x100m relays by winning both 4x400m relays. Bob Costas was his usual self--"The man from down under goes up and over" (referring to an Australian who won the pole vault). I'm really going to miss baseball, and I'm really, REALLY going to miss softball (but hopefully they'll bring back the latter in 2016 *crosses fingers*). Michael Phelps was obviously the biggest story of the games, and I'm anxious to see how he'll do in London 2012.

I'm excited for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. Till then, my life will go back to normal. No more being glued to the tv, recording everything I can. No more scheduling activities around Olympic coverage. Ah well, I was just about ready to be free of it, anyway.

No comments: