Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shawn and Nastia rule!

Shawn got her gold on beam, and Nastia the silver. Both of their routines were basically perfect except for a small step on Shawn's landing and a small hop on Nastia's. I'm really glad they were both able to get golds.

I'm also glad that Jonathan Horton got silver on high bar. :)

Not so glad: I felt so sorry for the two Americans runners who lost their golds in today. In the women's 200m, Sanya Richards had an awesome first 100, but then her leg cramped up and was passed by British runner Christine Ohuruogu and a Jamaican runner. Later, in the 100m hurdles, Lolo Jones was way ahead until she hit the 9th hurdle and ended up 7th. Dawn Harper pulled ahead to win gold, but Lolo's loss was quite a blow. After crossing the finish line, she dropped to her knees and buried her face in her hands. It was so sad. Times like these are always a part of the Olympics, but they're never easy to watch.

I watched some Tae Kwon Do online. I love it when they do spinning kicks. I hope I'm able to catch most of the finals.

BMX racing is really exciting! Lots of crashes. I'm glad they added that sport to the Olympics.

No comments: