Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let the games begin!

The opening ceremonies were amazing. The Chinese really know their fireworks (they did, after all, invent them). I was severely impressed by how organized all of the performers were. It was even more of a spectacle than usual, probably because China is trying extra hard to prove themselves. I'm glad Bush went to see it, too. The Olympics give us all an excuse not to fight and not to worry about other issues. It's all about the sportsmanship and comeraderie.

Now for the next few weeks I'll be obsessed with watching as much Olympic footage as possible. NBC has an online option this year, which will most definitely make things much easier because I won't have to constantly work around the tv schedule.

The sports I'm most excited about seeing: Swimming (go Michael Phelps!), Track & Field, Gymnastics, Archery, Fencing, Tae Kwon Do, and Diving. I'll try to catch the end of baseball, softball, and tennis, as well. The rest I don't care about missing. I try to see as much as humanly possible for the Winter Olympics, but for the Summer Games I don't go quite as all out.

No comments: