Friday, August 8, 2008

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

I saw The Dark Knight again today with Mom, but this time on an IMAX screen. Needless to say, it was awesome. Especially since some of the film (if not all?) was actually filmed in IMAX size, the long shots of Batman on top of buildings and such were beautiful. Also, I can't get over how cool the sonar stuff is.

I really like the direction the superhero genre is going these days. They're starting to examine the dark side of being a vigilante, the kind of person you have to become to be a hero, and the villians are creepier than ever (I wonder if it's possible for Heath Ledger to not get and Oscar for his Joker). It's more realistic (that is, in a fantasy world where superheroes exist). I can't wait for Watchmen to come out. Zack Snyder's got a lot of weight on his shoulders for that, but I think he can pull it off.

Hooray for dark and interesting character studies!

No comments: