Monday, March 1, 2010

Closing comments

I'm sad that Bode skied out on the slalom on Saturday, but he had a good Olympics overall. I'm really happy for him.

The US men's 4-man bobsled team won gold on Saturday, which is pretty cool.

It's too bad that the US lost to Canada in men's hockey on Sunday, but they still got silver. I'm happy for Canada. Same thing happened for the women.

I didn't watch the closing ceremonies on Sunday night 'cause I was at work, and I didn't want to stay up for the late night replay because I was still pretty sick from the cold I had all weekend, but I watched the highlights online. I found it quite hilarious that they had a gag on the torch malfunction from the opening ceremonies, relighting it and everything. Alanis Morissette and Neil Young performed, which is kind of awesome. And William Shatner and Michael J. Fox made appearances. And the Royal Mounties danced around. I'm sad I missed it.

The next Winter Olympics will be in Sochi, Russia. I bet those games won't be quite as friendly as these. It's hard to beat the Canadians in friendliness.

The Canadians won the most golds (14), but they're 3rd in the medal count overall. Germany is 2nd. And the US is first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy very nice blog.