Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm finally done with it

The TU Student Film Festival was on Monday, and it went pretty well. There was a great turnout, and people seemed to enjoy the films. This crop in particular was exceptional, I think--better than usual. The film program here is definitely on its way to become really awesome. (It's just too bad I had to be here in the early stages.) Ah, well.

The audience laughed at the right spots in my film, and they understood what was going on, so that made me feel good. I'm just sad I didn't actually finish what I had originally planned to do. The entire film, as it is now, was actually only supposed to be the first act. You can watch it on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeVWR_NmoZU

The story was going to continue after that point, but since most of it is animated, I simply didn't have time to do it all in one semester. If I had formulated a plan over the summer and gotten started as soon as I got to Tulsa in August, then maybe I would have had enough time. Maybe. Animation just takes so much time (and I'm not that good at it), and trying to do stop motion outside, where you're at the mercy of the elements, it's somewhat futile.

Well, it's over now, so no worries. *whew*

No comments: