Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Have a very Disney Day!

Disney World has been super fun so far! We finished off Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios today, tomorrow we'll finish up at EPCOT, and then Friday we'll end with finishing the stuff we want to do at the Magic Kingdom.

The Expedition Everest ride at Animal Kingdom is pretty dang awesome. It's one of the few things here I haven't already done ('cause it open within the last 5 years), and I was super impressed. Another new ride I've done is the Toy Story Mania ride at Hollywood Studios. It's sort of a virtual reality/shooter game--SUPER fun. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride still makes me scream (which is kinda rare). The Festival of the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom is still really fraking awesome--my fav. I haven't ridden Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom yet, but we'll definitely do that on Friday--apparently they revamped it a bit since I was last here, so it'll be interesting to see what's different about it. I'm also excited about riding the Universe of Energy ride at EPCOT (haven't yet on this trip) because it features Bill Nye and Ellen Degeneres.

Two new shows that I've seen that really impressed me were Turtle Talk with Crush and The Laugh Floor comedy show hosted by Mike Wazowski (from Monsters, Inc.). They're both hosted by animated characters, but the characters interact with the audience--for reals. I think they do it by having actors do the voices live, and the animated characters move their mouths automatically with the actor's words going through the mic. Just a guess, though. It works really well!

Something I haven't done at all this time is having my picture taken with any characters. The lines for doing that are usually really long, so I haven't had the patience to wait. I suppose if I spotted a character I LOVE (like Rafiki), then I would be willing to wait in line, but so far that hasn't been the case.

It's been a lot of fun taking photos at all the parks. I didn't bring a camera around with me on my previous trips here, so I don't have many pictures of Disney World. Well, now I do! I've even been taking photos while on some of the rides, which is kinda fun--and sometimes tricky!

Well, off to bed now, gotta get up early in the morning to get to EPCOT by 9am.

No comments: