Saturday, July 23, 2011

Planning ahead. It's what I do.

Today at the ZooFriends office, Steve and I talked at some length about Halloween costumes. At dinner last night, Ally had mentioned the Halloween party that she and David throw each year, and we sort of (maybe officially?) decided that the theme this year would be "villains." I like it, especially since it fits what Colin wants to be--the bad guy from Commando. Ally said she would be Bellatrix Lestrange (from Harry Potter), which is awesome. Steve wants to be Bane (from Batman). Allison was toying with Ursula (from The Little Mermaid).

I still need to figure out who to I'm going to be. We talked a bit last night about me being Umbridge (from Harry Potter), but I'm not sure I want to go hunting for pink sweaters and wool skirts. Catwoman would be easy enough, but I would definitely want to lose some more weight before doing that. The Wicked Witch of the West would be fairly easy, too, but I would have to wear a ton of green make-up, so I'm not sure on that one. Then I thought of Lady Macbeth. I already have a Renaissance-ish dress, and I could buy a cheap red wig. Then I could put fake blood all over my hands, maybe a little on the dress. That would work, right? She certainly is a villain. But it wouldn't be easily recognizable. People would have to come up to me and ask who I am. Although, that could be kinda fun. When I was Juno for Halloween a couple years ago, a few people did come ask me who I was, and it was entertaining to watch their "Ooooohhhhh, I see it now" faces after telling them. Hmm...

In other news, this heat needs to end, or I just need to get over it. I haven't been going for walks at all lately because it's been "too hot" or I've been afraid of getting sunburned. Really, though, it's going to be a degree of hot any time of day, and I could wear that thing called sunscreen. I'm guaranteed to want to take a shower afterward regardless because I will get very sweaty. I need to just go do it. No more excuses. Maybe being Catwoman for Halloween is the goal I need as motivation to get into shape.

No comments: