Thursday, August 18, 2011

Alphabet Date

On Tuesday, Colin and I decided to go on an "Alphabet Date." This consists of choosing a letter from the alphabet, and then everything you do has to start with that letter. We chose "P," and I decided to take Photos of everything we did. First, we read a bit of Poetry. I read some that I'd written, and we also read some together from the collection Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices.

(The poems in this book have two separate columns, meant to be read by two people at the same time.)

Then we went to the mall and looked around in Payless and PacSun.

(I bought a metal owl necklace. We'll see if I actually wear it.)

And we got a Pretzel from Aunti Anne's.


We had lunch at P. F. Chang's.


After eating, we popped over to PetSmart and Party America.

(I bought this little squeaky toy for Melissa.)

Then we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides at the dollar theater.

(The movie was alright. Fun, but still holds no candle to the first one.)

When we got home, I changed into comfy clothes and then made Pasta for dinner.


Colin, Dad, and I watched a Pair of episodes of Rescue Me while we ate, and then we went to Peach Wave for dessert.


That was a really fun day! I definitely want to try it again with other letters. It would also be a challenge to try to do all the letters in one day, in order. I could start by having an Apple, a Banana, and Cereal for breakfast. See? There's 3 down, just 23 more to go after that!

No comments: