Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yay for exercise videos that aren't obnoxious!

Yesterday Melissa came to Edmond and we went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love. I loved it! I loved the characters, especially Steve Carrell's and Emma Stone's, and JOSH GROBAN had a small role, too! Ha! I did not expect that. He was really funny! The whole movie was. The climax reminded me of a Shakespeare comedy, the way everything was drawn together with secrets exposed in a flurry of confusion. It's definitely one of the best romantic comedies I've seen in a few years. One thing that makes it so satisfying is the realism of the characters' pain, which the actors all pulled off. Definitely as good as Love Actually (to which it is similar), if not better.

Last week I bought the new downloadable content for Dragon Age II. And I actually finished it the next day. It was quite fun. There were new locations, which was nice, since the main game reuses the same caves and warehouses over and over. And the new plot stuff was interesting, too. I love the Dragon Age writers. I'm ready for them to make another game that has the awesome combat of II with the more extensive plot of Origins. Then I can go back to wiling away the hours sitting at my computer!

Speaking of sitting, I didn't do much of that today! I had planned to get up at 8 this morning to go on a walk before it got too hot, but didn't get out of bed till 11. BUT... I decided to check out a work out video from the library. It's called "Fit in Your Jeans by Friday" with Kim Kardashian and her personal trainer. Lol. I don't care about Kim Kardashian at all, but the description on the back of the case made it seem interesting, so I tried it. I liked the trainer a lot! She was encouraging and helpful without being really annoying and overly energetic. And the background music isn't obnoxious, which is a plus. The video, which focuses on abs and upper body, had some hard bits, but it was mostly pretty easy. I'm gonna see if I'm sore at all tomorrow and if I am, then maybe I'll use some of the stuff in the video to create my own workout routine. I think creating a routine of my own would be good so that I can strengthen what I want to and do exercises I like. Listening to my own music would be nice, too.

I've started drinking tea again the last few days. It's nice. I should really keep it up, 'cause tea is good for you and it's yummy and it relaxes me. It also kinda reminds me of being in Ireland.

No comments: